I’m so not the kind of girl that takes her whole makeup stash “just in case”. See the content of my makeup bag here. Nonetheless, I figured I’d put togheter a list of essentials you can take with you on the go. Perfect for school and work days, this basic kit has you covered in case of beauty emergencies. Click on the pink link to know more about each product. (more…)
Tag: beauty tips
START WITH A SMOOTH CANVAS
- Exfoliate first. Makeup will hold better and depending on your skin type you’ll avoid dry patches or excess oiliness.
- Apply an oil-free moisturizer and then primer: it forms a barrier that keeps skin’s oils from interfearing with makeup. Prime your under eye area as well to prevent creasing.
- If your skin is dry stick to your regular primer and moisturizer to avoid makeup clinging to dry patches.
KNOW YOUR UNDERTONE
Take a look ath the veins at your wrist:
- If they’re blue/purple toned you’re cool. Pink toned foundations look better on you.
- If they’re green you’re warm. Look for yellow toned foundations.
- Have a mix of both? You’re a neutral and your foundation shouldn’t be neither too pink nor too yellow.
1. Ecotools Full Eye Shadow Brush. 2. MAKE UP FOR EVER 228 Medium Precision Shader Brush. 3. Clinique Eye Contour Brush. 4. bareMinerals, The Blender Brush. 5. Benefit Cosmetics Angled Eyebrow Brush & Spoolie.
Need eye brushes but don’t know where to start? These five basics are everything you need to get a flawless eye makeup application! (more…)
TO KEEP MY HAIR SMOOTH
Two words: coconut oil. It taims my hair rebelness and keeps everything looking good. I apply it before shampooing from middle to tips and in the front sections (they tend to receive more heat damage) and leave it from 10 to 60 minutes. For some reason I get more shine from almond oil but the two of them work just fine. (more…)
They can be flat, angled or rounded, small or giant. The density and shape vary. Your type of skin and foundation of choose may influence too. In the world of makeup brushes there are some many options when it comes to base applying, that it can get frankly overwhelming. Do you need them all? Of course not, you just have to find one that works for you (ok, maybe two…) Can’t choose? Go old school by applying your foundation with clean hands: the product blends quickly with skin’s natural oils. No streaking whatsoever! (more…)